Start Date: June 6, 2016
The Opportunity: The MLS National Sales Center is seeking positive and passionate individuals to enter an intensive and highly selective two-to-five month sales training program. The National Sales Center is a performance-based program which allows successful NSC Trainees the opportunity to interview for sales positions at MLS Clubs.
Success Rate: The MLS National Sales Center has produced over 192 hires for 20 MLS clubs over 20 sessions.
How NSC Trainees will Succeed: NSC Trainees are put through a world-class sales training process gaining in-depth knowledge of MLS Ticket Sales by working with MLS clubs and partners, selling premium inventory, season tickets, mini plans, and group tickets. Trainees will primarily use phone and email to market and sell packages, but will also have the opportunity to practice face-to-face selling in select instances. Each NSC Trainee is also provided day-to-day mentoring by upper-level MLS executives.
Success throughout Your Career: We believe a solid foundation allows the opportunity for advancement. In the five years of the NSC’s existence, over 20 graduates have risen in the ranks to move into management roles at various MLS Clubs.
Who is Best for this Position: The best candidates for this position must be driven, positive, and have a PASSION for soccer. Specifically, the best individual will meet all the criteria below:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and commitment to be a soccer sales industry leader
- Ability to participate in entire two-to-five month curriculum (evening, weekend, and potential holiday hours)
- Ability to work as a team player
- Proficient in basic computer software programs
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to move to Blaine, MN at the National Sports Center for the duration of the program
- Ability to relocate to an MLS Club immediately following the training session
About this Application: Please include a video elevator pitch in your application stating the following:
- Your Name
- Your School
- Graduation Date
- Why you are passionate about soccer and sales
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Why soccer? Why sales? Please provide this answer via a YouTube Elevator Pitch.
2. Are you able to move to Minneapolis, MN for the entire 2 to 5 month training program (evenings, weekends, and possibly holiday hours)?
3. Yes/No: Are you willing to relocate to an MLS club following the training session?
4. Yes/No: Are you currently authorized to work in the United States?
5. In 100 words or less what excites you the most about being possibly accepted into the MLS National Sales Center?
6. How did you hear about this opportunity (campus career services, TeamWork Online email, banner ad on website, etc)? Who, if anyone, referred you to this program?